MADC Board Meeting - Saturday, February 22, 2020
Please come to our MADC board meeting. Jason Valentine, MADC Secretary, has created a vlog with the information and the agenda. Here is the ASL vlog: MADC Business Meeting 2-22.
Here is the transcript for the ASL vlog with Jason.
Opening slide with MADC logo (yellow state with maroon ribbon wrapping around the state and ending in the yellow star. Maroon text: MADC on top in maroon and EST. 1885 at the bottom)
(White male with blond hair pulled back and black sweater with Metro Deaf School logo)
Hello, my name is Jason Valentine (showed sign name JV). I’m Secretary of MADC. I would like to announce that on February 22nd, we will have a MADC business meeting from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the Rondo Community Library conference room. Located at 461 Dale Street N, Saint Paul and the zip code is 55103.
We have an agenda for the meeting that I am going to share with you. The business meeting will begin at 3:00 PM.
- From 3:00 to 3:15, we will be approving the minutes from the previous business meeting.
- Next, from 3:15 to 3:45 board reports: President’s report, Vice-President’s report, Secretary's report, and the Treasurer’s report. All four reports will be completed in that order.
- Next on the agenda from 3:50 to 4:30 is the MADC action summary, summarizing our actions since (previous business meeting and) especially our priorities.
- Then from 4:30 to 4:40, we will discuss DAD (Deaf Awareness Day) conference; discussing the logistics of that day and business relating to paperwork.
- After that from 4:40 to 4:55 is the open session with the community, allowing anyone to share comments. The business meeting will tentatively conclude at 5:00.
Be aware that the library closes at 5:30 PM. So the important thing to do after the business meeting, (if you) want to stay and socialize, it is best to step out to the parking lot or go to one of the local places nearby to socialize.
We are aware (that) our meeting on the 22nd conflict with MNCDHH’s training regarding Census 2020. Our goal henceforward is to establish future meeting dates that will not conflict with other events. We appreciate your understanding and we will make an effort not to (make) the same mistake again. Thank you. (Waving bye)
Closing slide with MADC logo (yellow state with maroon ribbon wrapping around the state and ending in the yellow star. Maroon text: MADC on top in maroon and EST. 1885 at the bottom)
The meeting will be on Saturday, February 22, 2020. The time is 3 pm to 5 pm. The location is Rondo Community Library (461 Dale St N, St Paul, MN 55103). Google link to location
- 3:00p-3:15p Approve Minutes from last meeting
- 3:15p-3:45p Reports (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer)
- 3:50p-4:30p MADC Action Summary to Community about Priorities
>Deaf CDP (SUD)
>ASL Teacher Licensure
>D/HH Teacher Licensure
- 4:30p-4:40p DAD Committee Discussion and Proposals
- 4:40p-4:55p Open Community Comment Period
- 5:00pm Adjourn
***Library closes at 5:30pm***
If you have any questions, please email Jason.Valentine@minndeaf.org. We are looking forward to see you there!
A letter to James Hereford, President/CEO of M Health Fairview:
This is a letter from MADC to James Hereford, President/CEO of M Health Fairview regarding to recent changes to the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Treatment Program for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. We also sent a copy to Chris Hickman, System Director, Behavioral Health and System Clinical Integration, M Health-Fairview.
Link to a PDF of the letter for James Hereford, President/CEO, M Health-Fairview
Important Petition about Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program - Deaf and Hard of Hearing:
We are sharing the petition to keep Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program - Deaf and Hard of Hearing open. Please sign the petition to show your support for the program.
Link to petition to keep Substance Use Disorder Treatment program open
For previous announcements, please go to the webpage "Past Announcements."